Tuesday 19 November 2013

Arbonne Oil-Absorbing Day Lotion Review!!!

Hey everyone!!!


Today I'm going to be reviewing the Arbonne Oil-Absorbing Day Lotion, with SPF 20!!
There's not much else to say, so let's jump into the review.




This is actually the old packaging. I googled it to make sure I had the right name, and the writing on the bottle looks different. Props to me for staying with the times.

Right away, I'm going to mention that I didn't buy this, my mom did at an Arbonne party. She also used about half before deciding I could have it. Huzzah!
I'm normally really weird about getting this kinda thing from other people, but it isn't makeup, and has a pump, so it's fine.

The website says the product is $49, but my mom ended up paying $60 because of shipping.
No matter the product, I refuse to pay that much for anything. That is ridiculous for anything. I can easily spend less and get more product for my money.




You can see the pump I mentioned, and it looks pretty gross, not gonna lie. But it doesn't affect the actual product, so I really don't care.
When my mom first got this, I tried it for a week to see if it made a difference in my oily skin, and I really hated the pump. It shot all the way across the bathroom and it wasn't fun to clean. (My dirty mind is kicking in right now. :c )


I wanna talk about my feelings with any type of SPF products first.
I don't care for SPF. I know it's good for you, but I work most days, therefore I'm inside, away from the sun completely. I don't really have a reason to use it, but I don't really have a choice since it's in there.

For most products with a pump, I usually just assume one pump is good for one use. But I actually need to use three pumps. I must have a really fat face or something.
And I have zero control over the pump. You know how you can sometimes press down halfway on a pump and get half the product if you know you only need a little?
Yeah no.
Two pumps isn't enough for my face, but three is almost a little too much, so I always have to extend this onto my neck and behind my ears since I pull up my hair anyways. Since I have a tattoo behind my ear, I hate putting products there.




I was going to take a picture of how the actual lotion works, but because it's so expensive, I didn't. And I didn't think of doing it while I got ready. PROPS.
But it's just white, nothing fun or anything.

I was reading the claims the website has while I waited for my pictures to upload, and couldn't help but laugh.
"Lightweight moisturizer helps to absorb oil and filters UV rays to help prevent sunburn, leaving skin with a fresh, matte appearance."

Those are the claims, and in my opinion, they're completely wrong.

This moisturizer actually feels pretty heavy on my skin. I can use foundations, bb creams, concealers, masks, etc, and I've never felt that any of them are heavy. But this feels like it clogs my skin up.
The sunburn part, I can't comment on as I hate the sun as it is.

But it claims to absorb oil and leave your face looking matte.
I've mentioned before and I'll say it again. I have oily skin, especially in my t-zone area.
Hence why my mom let me use the rest of it. She and I both thought it would help with that, but nooope!
My skin is just as oily, so they lied to me.

I at least thought my face would look matte when I first applied my makeup and everything, but negative. I need to use primers and special foundations and whatnot.


But the big question; does it moisturize?
My face is oily and I've mentioned before in previous posts that my skin is rarely ever dry, even without moisturizer.
But I guess it does since I don't have any dry patches. I'll give it that.


Overall; I'm extremely displeased with this product. 
I rate it a 3/10, and that's being generous.

There's just so many things wrong with this product.
The price. The claims vs what it actually does.
If this was much cheaper, or even $15, I would consider buying it again just for the SPF and moisturizing fact, but for $60, no way.

I definitely don't recommend this product, especially to those of you with oily skin. It doesn't help in the slightest.




and don't forget to check out my instagramtwitterfacebook and my tumblr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment