Wednesday 16 January 2013

EOS Lip Balm Review

Hey everyone!!

Today I'm going to be reviewing the EOS Lip Balms! :3
These are something I'm sure almost everyone has heard of by now, and you've probably even seen them around in stores.

I own a lot of these, and they're all quite different.
The flavours I own are: Honeysuckle Honeydew, Summer Fruit, Sweet Mint, Strawberry Sorbet, and the Alice In Wonderland trio which includes Blueberry Potion, Sweet Vanilla Nonsense, and Watermelon Wonderland.


(Honeysuckle Honeydew, Sweet Vanilla Nonsense, Blueberry Potion)

These were the only ones I could actually find at the moment, as I have them all over the house/in purses/at work.
The packaging is really cute, but simple yet unique. This is probably what lured me in honestly.
When I decided to get them, I googled to see where I could find them cause last year it wasn't that easy. Now you can get them just about anywhere (I got Honeysuckle HoneyDew, Sweet Mint, Strawberry Sorbet and Summer Fruit at Chapters, but I've seen then at Walmart as well.)
But the trio however, I had to purchase that online which was about $14. These ones are limited edition.
Each individual lip balm is around $6, so I saved about $4.


When you first receive and open them, they look like more like the Blueberry Potion flavour. But after using them for a while, they obviously diminish like Honeysuckle Honeydew. Just while taking this picture, they managed to make the corner of my room smell heavenly!

I feel like you honestly do have to try a few of these to like them. My Summer Fruit and Sweet Mint flavours look like I hardly touch them because well, I don't. These two I find to be dry when you apply them, while the others glide on with ease. After using the Summer Fruit flavour for a week straight, the skin under my lips had a weird reaction and got really red. This only happened with this flavour though.


Again when they're closed, you can see they have little dents in the packaging which makes it easier to grasp and open. The trio has two extra dents which I wasn't used to but you hardly even notice it.

I use Honeysuckle Honeydew on a daily basis when I'm applying my makeup. It keeps my lips hydrated and after 15 minutes, my lips are ready for lipsticks!


I wanted to describe the scents to you guys as well. I typically try to stay clear of super sweet scents so this might be helpful.

(Favourite to least favourite)

Blueberry Potion - It smells like a blueberry pie, basically what you would except! The scent doesn't last long though.
Sweet Vanilla Nonsense - Literally smells like a cupcake, which I love. I wore this out on a date and he said he could smell it even after an hour. Because this is a scent I actually really enjoy, I didn't have a problem with it.
Strawberry Sorbet - Basically it smells like strawberries with a hint of vanilla. I usually use this one at work and it tastes pretty fantastic too.
Honeysuckle Honeydew - A sweet smell. I haven't smelled actual honeydew or anything like that, but it does have a melon like scent.
Watermelon Wonderland - Exactly like watermelons! :3
Summer Fruit - It smells like a mix of apples and melons. I like the smell, but because of the texture when I apply it, it bothers me and I always think of this when I smell it.
Sweet Mint - Like mint. I'm not a big fan of mint but if you use it after you brush your teeth, it helps keep your breath minty fresh a while longer.


My rating?
9/10

This would get a perfect 10/10 if it wasn't for the two flavours being so drying on my lips, and the weird reaction I had.
Strawberry Sorbet is the flavour I would recommend overall of course, just because of the light pink colour, scent and name.

To check out all the flavours EOS has to offer, click here. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment