Monday 16 September 2013

Ipsy Glambag: September 2013!!!

Hey everyone!!!


Today I finally got my Ipsy bag. I usually receive it on the 15th of each month, but since that was a Sunday, I got it today! And honestly, I was kind of disappointed with it. I feel like I got the lamest things in mine.



Just an overview of what I got. Plus junk mail in the top corner. :p



The bag this month, I actually like it. I never use the bags because I have an adorable panda makeup bag for smaller trips, and a huge train case for traveling. But this one just feels better, and not super stiff like my past ones.
Plus the design is pretty cute. My others all have Ipsy written on them. Not that it's a problem, but I like this better.



The first thing they actually gave that I wasn't expecting at all, is a sample of an EM palette. I didn't open it really to look because I didn't want the products to dry out, but there's a blush and some eyeshadow colours. I thought this was actually kind of cool!
Maybe they'll include these in the next few bags to help sell?



Oops. I took a sideways picture and didn't flip it.
But this is probably the item I was most excited for; the It's So B!G mascara. I love getting mascaras to try, and have become a huge mascara junkie recently.
I opened it after taking the picture and it seems kinda goopy? I guess we'll see how it works though. :3



The next thing I pulled from the bag was the NYX single Eyeshadow.
The one I got was in the shade Velvet Suede. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's a really light sky blue colour with glitter in it. I usually don't wear glittery colours, and the only time I've worn blue eyeshadow was for a wedding. But this is a really light colour, so I'm hoping it won't be too extreme.



The next item is the Cailyn tinted lip balm. I look for a shade, but of course, I'm horribly blind and didn't see one.
I actually like the packaging though. I thought this would be something I'd have to stick my finger in and just ugh. But it has a brush in the handle! It's pretty cute.
I'm actually excited to try this.



The next item sent was the Victoria Jackson Taupe Eyebrow Pencil.
Oh no.
I've never used an eyebrow pencil or anything in that style before. I have pretty big eyebrows naturally, so I just pluck them every so often to keep them tamed. I did open this to see the colour on the back of my hand, and it's too light anyways.
I'll most likely be giving this away to a friend.



And the final product I got was the Starlooks eye pencil. I believe I got the colour Obsidian. I swatched this and touched up my eyeliner with it too, to see how it's going to hold.
I like the colour though. I'm usually not a fan of pencil eyeliners anymore, but we'll see.


Overall, this bag was just okay. There were other items I really would have preferred, but I guess it's not a big deal. I just had high expectations from my last bag probably.


If you want to sign up for Ipsy, you can do so here.




And don't forget to check out my instagramtwitterfacebook and my tumblr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment