Thursday 25 July 2013

ELF Total Face Brush Review!!!

Hey everyone!!!

I'm going to be reviewing the ELF Total Face Brush today, and I have to admit right now that I'm in love with this, so much, that I own two of them!!



I ordered one of these online and I bought the other at my local dollar store. These brushes were I believe $1-$1.50 each, which isn't bad at all. This is the cheapest I've ever paid for a makeup brush!

When you purchase one of these, from anywhere, they come with the plastic cover that the right one has on it. I kept them so they don't lose their shape when I'm travelling. I hate when my brushes are all bent and weird looking.

When I first got one, I had the genius idea to use it with a liquid foundation.
Never do that!
I thought because it was a 'total face brush' I could. Um, wrong. It's not for liquid foundations. I think I'm the only one that would do that.
So I washed it after, getting rid of all the makeup just chilling on it. Thank goodness.

I've heard of people using these for their powders, blushes and bronzers. But I already have brushes specifically for blushes and bronzers, so I only use these for powders.
The reason I have two is because I have four powders. Two are white/pastel and two are skin tone, so I didn't like the idea of mixing them. I easily could and it wouldn't make a difference, but I wanted to be difficult.

They work amazing for powdering my face. It's easy enough to just swirl this in my powder then all over my face. I love these brushes, and actually want more, even though I have no use for more.
Yet.
;)

I found they did shed on me the first few uses, but after I washed them, the shedding mainly stopped. I occasionally get the random stray hair, but it's nothing major.
I try to wash them every two to three weeks to help prevent the shedding, and just to keep them clean.

It's really gross because after three weeks, they don't really look that bad, but when I wash them, after just one I have to change the water because it's already disgusting looking.
Eww.

I found that the first few uses, brand new and after washing are the best as these are extremely soft on my skin.
After about a week of using them everyday, they aren't as soft. Don't get me wrong, they're still extremely nice on the face, and it doesn't feel like you're putting powder on with a sword, but they're not as soft as they used to be.
But again, after you wash them, good as new!!

I just wash them with baby shampoo right after I use them so they have 24 hours to fully dry. These ones are bigger than the rest of my makeup brushes, so they do take a little longer to dry.


Overall; I would rate the ELF Total Face Brush a 9/10.
The only flaw being the very rare shedding and the not so soft after a week feeling, but that's easily solved by washing them.
This might actually be a good thing because that's what reminds me that I need to wash my makeup brushes. :c





And don't forget to check out my instagram, my twitter and my tumblr!!

No comments:

Post a Comment