Sunday 21 July 2013

St. Ives Hydrate Cucumber Melon Lotion Review!!!

Hey everyone!!

Today I'm going to be reviewing the St. Ives lotion in Cucumber Melon, also known as the hydrating lotion. This is something my mom bought for me a while ago, and is something I've been using on and off for about a year or so now.



First off, yes. That is my name written on it. I kept it in the bathroom for the longest time, and since I live with other people, I didn't want it being used, okay?

So like I said earlier, I've been using this on and off for a while. So when I have friends over and they use a little, they're surprised on how much is still left.
I'd say I've used 1/4 of the bottle, which isn't a lot. This thing is huge!

I bought this because I know lotion is good for keeping your skin hydrated, which is obviously a good thing.
Now let me start off by saying, my skin isn't dry at all. The only thing that ever gets dry is my legs and the spaces between my fingers, and that's only if I'm working, or if I shave my legs dry. But other than that, my skin has always been good.
Nonetheless, I decided to try to get into lotions.

At first, I tried keeping this in the bathroom and only really used it when my hands got dry.
But I found out it didn't really do anything for my dry hands. All it did was make them greasy feeling, thus trapping me in my own bathroom because I couldn't open the door. I'm a little embarrassed to admit this happened more than once.


I don't know why, but I was actually expecting it to be a pastel green colour, but nope. Just white.

So like I said, this lotion does nothing for my hands. So I moved it into my bedroom and tried using it on my legs. The first time, it felt like it again, did nothing.
I tried it for a week straight, after I got out of the shower and before I went to bed.

This lotion is probably the weirdest one I have ever used, and most likely ever will use.
When I put it on my legs, then put on pants, I could feel that a lotion was on my legs, but it literally did nothing for them. They were the same as always. If they happened to be dry beforehand, they would be dry and flaky after the lotion as well.

This is a product I really wish I could love! The smell is nice, but doesn't linger, which I like. I love the brand of St. Ives face products, which is why I picked this up.
It's so cheap, which is another reason I wish it worked for me. I've heard so many people rave about it, but it doesn't do a thing for me.
I guess it's time I give up, and just pass this on to a friend or something, or just suck it up and use the rest of it up.


Overall, I would rate it a 3/10.
You get a lot of the product for your money, it smells nice, and the pump is awesome. I hate those lotions that have the flip cap.
But it does nothing, so I refuse to give it a higher rating.


And don't forget to check out my instagram, my twitter and my tumblr!!

No comments:

Post a Comment