Wednesday 31 July 2013

TRESemmé Heat Tamer Spray Review!!!

Hey everyone!!!

I apologize for being gone for what seems like forever, but I was busy with work and tattoos!! :3 
Enough with that short winded speech, as I'm excited to jump into the review!!!




This is an item I'm sure everyone's pretty familiar with, but in case you aren't, as I'm sure you can tell by the picture, it's the TRESemmé Heat Tamer Spray.
And what it is, is exactly what it sounds like!

It says you can use it on damp hair or dry, but I've never liked the idea of putting product into my dry hair unless it's mousse or hairspray, so I always just put it in before I blowdried my hair.
I really liked the idea of this product, but before I go into more detail, I figured I should give a little backstory on my hair.

For two years straight, everyday I would wash my hair, blow dry it then straighten it without a break.
I would dye once or twice a year too, never using special products to keep it healthy.
Which means I never used a heat protectant spray. But my hair was extremely healthy considering what I did to it. Heck, it was even better than my sisters hair who has never once put heat on her hair.

Anyways, I decided I should try this to keep my hair healthy and strong. I had previously used one with olive oil but that was nothing special.
I just sprayed this all over my damp hair, then brushed it so it would kind of go all over. After that, I would blowdry my hair and straight it as normal.
I would occasionally put this in my dry hair if I let it dry naturally then decided to curl it or straighten the tips.

This is an item everyone in the beauty community raves about constantly, but I can safely say my hair didn't feel any different after using it.
I don't feel like it helped my hair or helped from damage. I used it until I ran out still, but it's not something I'm going to run out to purchase.

One thing I will say is that I noticed people always comparing this to the Aussie heat spray, and saying this is the best thing ever because of the spray, which I agree on. It came out in a nice mist that coated my hair.
But towards the end, it just squirted in a stream, like the Aussie product. I stopped using it, but it only had a tiny bit left, so maybe that happens with all bottles?

Overall, I would probably rate this a 5/10. 
I liked the idea of it, and for some reason, I liked having something to put in my hair.
Would I repurchase this? Possibly, but I don't see myself running to the store to grab this again.




And don't forget to check out my instagram, my twitter and my tumblr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment