Tuesday 20 August 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte: Pressed Powder Review!!!

Hey everyone!!!


Today I'm going to be reviewing an item that I use every day, for obvious reasons. :3




This is my first Rimmel London product. I bought it on a whim one day after hearing a bunch of people rave about it.
As we all know, my skin is extremely oily, so I definitely wanted to give this a go.
It was about $7 at Walmart, which is pretty good in my opinion.

I couldn't find my shade when I bought it. No surprise there.
I think I got the next shade up, but as far as I can see, there was absolutely no difference. It's a pretty translucent powder.
The one pictured above is a brand new one that I haven't even opened yet.




Here's the one that I've been obviously using. As you can see, I've hit pan.
This actually lasted not as long as I thought, but for the price, it's not a big deal.
I think I've had it for about two and a half months, using it every day. Which actually isn't that bad, but for some reason I thought it would last forever.
Whatever.
I use my ELF Total Face Brush to apply this, and it works awesome!
When you first open the product, it's a pressed powder. But after you swirl your brush in there (or tap it. whatever floats your boat) little pieces kind of fly up. It can be a little messy. I usually have a little bit of this on my work jeans I find, but it's easy enough to dust away.




I put it over my tattoo to show you guys how it looks on skin.
If you're planning on using this powder to cover up, not a good idea. It doesn't have any coverage, but that's what concealer and foundations are for.
But the name is extremely fitting. It keeps my face looking matte for a good eight hours. By then, I'm done work and able to reapply if needed.

I really like this powder though. It doesn't keep me matte all day, but I wasn't expecting it to, nor do I expect any product to do so.
But I definitely recommend this if you wanted to try something to help set your makeup!


Overall, I would rate this product a solid 9/10.
The only reason this doesn't get a perfect ten, is because it does make a little bit of a mess and I feel like that's wasted product, but it doesn't make a huge difference.




And don't forget to check out my instagramtwitterfacebook and my tumblr!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ashley :) Do you recommend using this product by itself? Also you said there's no different in the color...does this mean it doesn't matter if I get transparent/sandybrown? thanks! Hope you reply :)

    ReplyDelete