Tuesday 13 August 2013

Shake The Lake!!!

Hey everyone!!!

So over the weekend, I went away and went to Sylvan Lake, where an event called Shake The Lake was held! I made sure to take a bunch of pictures to remember the moment, and to share with you guys!
So let's just jump right into it!


Just before we left. It was a four hour drive, so I didn't want to be wearing lots of makeup or anything.

For most of the ride, it was actually really gloomy. I thought for sure it would rain.

This was our view for about 3/4 of the trip. It got boring after a while :c

It was still kinda gloomy but it was starting to get nicer as we got closer to our destination. :3

We stopped at Calgary and went into Forever 21. The dressing rooms were so cute!! 

When we went to the mall, we stopped and got lunch. I got fries since I'm in love with fries. Nom!!

For whatever reason, I decided to take a picture of the mall we went to.
It's the CrossIron Mills mall, just in case you were wondering.

While my sister was checking out other stores, I made my way to LUSH, aka my favourite store ever!!

We also needed to stop for gas, since it was a four hour drive there.

My mini LUSH haul. I was running low on my Tea Tree Water, so I got the large one and they gave me two samples. :3
I got the Herbalism Face Cleanser and the Grease Lightning Face Treatment.

We finally got to our hotel room at 6.
It was smaller than I thought though.

I was in flip flops all day, but it was annoying to run around in them so I changed into my converse. I only packed two pairs of shoes.

One of the guys playing on Friday night, Bryan Finlay!
He was really sweet and nice. :3
(here's his twitter)

The last band of the night was Hey Ocean! They were really good. It was kinda hard to hear her voice over the band though, but what I did hear was really good!!!

I snapped another picture, but yeah. Same thing. :p
We went back to our hotel right after and crashed.

We had bought groceries the day before just so we weren't eating out.
We had chocolate cheerios for breakfast and it was soooo yummy.

The bands didn't start playing until 2:30, so we had time to wander around.
It was so gorgeous at Sylvan Lake! It was hard leaving. :c

After walking down by the water for a while, we saw this!!
I didn't even know this existed, but it looked really cool!

This was the first band of the day that played. I don't remember exactly, but I think their name was Forester, or something like that. :3 They were pretty good too.

They were giving out free waters, so my sister and I got some. I got the Acai Blue Pom flavour, and it's so good!! I'm a little addicted to this now.

We missed the first song they played, but this is FLTF! I always mess up their name, but this time I made sure to get it right. They were really nice, and we got to chat with them after their set.

This was the last band before they had a break for everything.
Halfway to Hollywood was really good, and they even did a cover of Allstar Weekend which I really enjoyed.
The lead singer was really cute and we're friends on facebook and twitter. :3

I got a picture snapped with Halfway to Hollywood. Can we just take a minute to enjoy my awkwardness?
I don't remember their names, but they were really sweet. :3

I had my hair up all day, but our friends were coming to play, so I wanted to look somewhat decent for them, so we went back to the hotel and I curled my hair.

Totally missed pictures of basically every other band BUT LOOK IT'S PHAO.

I got a lot of pictures of Phao, mainly of the singer, Mike.
He's such a babe. fgjsfgsklaf

And here we have Mike taking a video of us. 
I don't have words to express anything anymore.

By the way, these were our friends that we knew were coming for sure, so we wanted to look good.
From left to right, we have Louis, Kevin, Dosso, MEEEEE, and Mike.
Look at how he's holding me.
AWE.

My sister got pictures too, and made me want a silly face picture. Which resulted in Mike eating my head.

And then because I'm a mega dork, I wanted the boys of Phao to sign my phone case.
It's kinda hard to see their autographs, especially Dosso's.
When he signed it though, he asked "Can I sign this really obnoxiously?"


That was our trip to Shake the Lake, in Sylvan Lake, in picture form!!
It was absolutely one of the best weekends of my life, and I'm already super stoked for it next year! 
It was so beautiful, and if you're anywhere near the area, I definitely recommend going next year. :3 And maybe we'll all see each other!





And don't forget to check out my instagram, my twitter and my tumblr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment