Tuesday 26 November 2013

Acne Scars + What I Use On Them!!!

Hey everyone!!!


So today I thought I would do a post on my enemy, acne scars.
If you don't have them, you're extremely lucky! And if you don't know what they are, they're exactly what the name sounds like!!
When you get acne, and pick at it, it leaves a scar on your face. Or in my case, if you get acne and leave it so it won't scar, it scars anyways.

But it leaves little red marks all over, making it look like you have acne, even if you don't.




These are my acne scars.
Like most people, they're on my cheeks and chin.
I took these pictures less than an hour ago, and although it looks like I have a bit of acne, I actually only have two pimples, and only one is visible in these pictures. The rest are scars.

I have extremely oily skin, and usually tend to break out on my chin, neck, cheeks occasionally, under my nose, temples, and very very rarely on my forehead.
These acne scars have been acquired over the last seven years.

When I was 14, I didn't see a point in ever washing my face. So I never did until I was 15 and moved to a new school.
Whenever I get a break out on my cheeks or chin, it scars no matter how careful I am with it.

I admit, I used to pick at it lots because it bothered me, and that didn't help at all!
But the last six months I got serious and stopped, but it all still scars for me.


My mom and I have tried tons of products to try and fade them, but none really worked until recently.
I'll also do a post later on about my skin care routine so you can see that. :3 Cause it's been working pretty good!!

But of all the products I've used, ProActiv was definitely the worst.
It broke me out because my skin didn't like the cleanser, and it scarred like crazy!
I also plan on doing a post on that!
Let me know if you guys are interested in that!


But let's jump into the products I've used that have helped!!



Yes to Grapefruits: Dark Spot Correcting Serum
This is definitely one of the major things that has helped with my scarring. Believe it or not, my skin was about 5x worse than it is right now.
But I've been using this for the past two months or so, and it's helped so much!
I plan on doing a review on this soon.



Nicel Daily Repair
I actually haven't been using this as often, just because of the Yes to Grapefruits serum. My nighttime skin care routine already has so many steps, and adding this in is hard. And having to find where to add it in at is harder.
But when I was using this, it helped fade the spots, and even out my redness. :3 I plan on using it again soon!



Grease Lightning
This is a spot treatment from LUSH. I had heard a ton of people rave about it, and finally decided to buy it after receiving a sample of it. I really enjoy it!
Instead of drying out the pimple instantly and making it flakey and gross, it slowly heals it. :3



Apple Cider Vinegar
This is the final thing I use, and it's the one I've been using the longest.
I've been using this for about two years on and off, for multiple reasons.
The smell is horrendous, and it really burns the eyes to get anywhere near it!
But it did help to fade scars a little bit when I used it. :3


I plan on reviewing all of these products eventually, and going into more detail with each and every one!!

Acne isn't fun, but dealing with acne scars is even worse!
But since using all these products, I've had multiple people tell me how much better my skin works. :3
And if you want to see a cheap and easy way to cover acne scars, let me know! I can do a video/post on that as well!


I hope you all have a lovely day and take the time to appreciate the little things! ^__^




and don't forget to check out my instagramtwitterfacebook and my tumblr!!!

3 comments:

  1. Try ScarFormula made up panax ginseng made up chinese traditional medicine which is known as best acne scar removal cream .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! I'll definitely start a hunt for it!

      Delete
  2. Acne Scar treatment delhi is one of Delhi's trusted clinic when it comes to effective acne scar treatment. Find the right treatment for your acne scars today.

    ReplyDelete