Tuesday 12 November 2013

Bath & Body Works: Mint Chocolate Candle Review!!!

Hey everyone!!!


I'm actually reviewing something that's a little bit out of my element today; a candle.
But this isn't just any candle. Oh no. It's a three wick Bath & Body Works candle! I actually have never used one before, as we never had the store in my city. But we recently got one, and I got two candles when they had their 2 for $20 sale!
And obviously, I got the Mint Chocolate scent! 
I'm actually a big fan of mint chocolate in general, and the smell was so perfect, I knew I had to get it. And plus the colour. I'm in love with pastels, so I snatched two up!



I didn't think of taking a picture of it either when it was unlit, so my bad! But you can kinda tell the colour.
I didn't even realize the scent until after I looked at the little picture on the front.
I googled this too, to see if maybe I could find an image of an unlit one, but to no avail. But I did notice that the picture design changes every year, so I'm assuming this is a product that comes out every year.
(Told you I'm a noob when it comes to candles)

But anyways!
I really enjoyed the scent in the store, and kept smelling it the entire drive home. And until I finally lit it.

:|
It's a weird candle to me. When it's burning, it smells minty and chocolatey. But at the same time, I was left questioning "What on earth is that smell oh my god why does my room smell like that what did I eat?!"
And of course I bought two. But I used one up and I'm currently on my second. I suck at burning candles cause I always forget I have them. They're literally just decoration to me.




I don't even know with this picture but hey, you can see my pajama pants because I hate real pants.
But I thought I would include the picture anyways.


I've heard multiple times, and i'm pretty sure it would say on the candle that these have 40 hours of burning power in them, or something along those lines. But I actually can't even agree with that, because well, I don't sit on my phone or stare at a clock whenever I burn these.


The scent is pretty strong though!
It's really cold right now (today is a horrible example as I'm currently blinded by the sun) so I haven't been able to open my windows.
And I have a dog that likes to shed on everything and rub against random things, so I have to leave my bedroom door closed so I don't have pet hair all over. And those two things together can leave my room smelling not so fresh.
But I burnt one of these bad boys for a few hours the other day before work, and it smelled like mint chocolate after and for the rest of the day!!


Again, I'm really iffy about the smell. It's kind of a love hate relationship basically.
But I'm really wanting to try out some more of the Bath & Body Works candles, so if you guys have a favourite scent, let me know so I can try it out!!!

One of the things I really enjoy about these candles, is that when it's burning and I wanna put it out, I can just put the lid on it and it'll go out instantly! I really suck at blowing (wow don't even take that dirty you perverts) so this is awesome.


Overall; I would rate this a 6/10.
For the most part, I did like the scent. And the candle itself was cute.
And I like that I can just put the lid on it and it'll go out.
But again, there was the odd time I didn't like the scent. It was just weird smelling, and that really bothered me. 
And can we talk about the price for a second? $20 for a freaking candle. (They're not that bad when they're on sale but normally they're $20)






and don't forget to check out my instagramtwitterfacebook and my tumblr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment