Thursday 14 November 2013

Burt's Bees Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion Review!!!

Hey everyone!!!


So today I'm going to be reviewing the Burt's Bees Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion. Holy bananas, that is a mouthful!
I got this in a gift set last year from one of my best friends. It also came with cuticle butter and a lip balm, which I lost. Bravo.




I've mentioned before in past blogs that I don't have extremely dry skin. The only part that ever really gets dry is my legs, and that's only in the winter if I'm dry shaving them. Otherwise I'm good.
Also, I find it extremely weird to use lotion on any body part that isn't your legs. 

I used to religiously use a body wash in the same scent but from a different brand, so I was like 'Hey, I'm going to enjoy this and have memories. Of me in the shower...' and then I felt really creepy.
But that's fine.

So the first thing I want to comment on is the packaging.
It's obviously a squeeze tube, full of lotion. 
I prefer lotions in bottles with pumps, just because it's easier in my opinion to get product out, especially when your hands are greasy from said lotion.
But nonetheless, I gave this a try.



I was going to put some on my hand so you could see the colour, but I have pants on so I didn't wanna waste the lotion. And plus you can see from this odd picture that it's a creamy... Cream colour. 
Which makes sense I guess because if you mix honey and milk, you basically will get this colour.

The scent. 
I cannot handle the scent.
I mentioned before I had used a body wash with the same scent, but honestly, I couldn't smell it after I rinsed it off. And they smell completely different anyways.
This is one of those lotions that the scent actually lingers and is with your all day.
And today when I used it, I wore a dress, so because I didn't have my pants shield, I could smell it and it was annoying.

But the actual product, is pretty nice.
I've mentioned millions of times my legs are not dry. They're normal.
But when I put this lotion on my legs and rub it in, I can feel an intense difference. My legs are 10x smoother and softer and I just want to rub them forever.
But the lotion is greasy for the first half hour or so, I found. So I kind of have to wait, and I have to wait to put on my work pants in the morning too. 
And the scent gets all over my hand, but hands are easy enough to wash.


So I'm really iffy about this.
The scent is weird and I hate it, and I can't handle the greasyness.
But the payoff is just really nice.


So with that all being said, I'm going to rate this lotion a 6/10.
I can actually see myself buying maybe not this exact lotion, but one in another scent just because of how it makes my legs feel.
But because of the scent and the greasyness, it doesn't get anymore points from me.

I really want to find a lotion I like, but I guess this isn't it.




and don't forget to check out my instagramtwitterfacebook and my tumblr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment